top of page

Nisia, 2021


Bodegas Vatan

"Sliced green apple, lemon zest and white almond on the nose with a crisp and bright profile of yellow and green fruit on the palate. Elegant and fresh-toned." James Suckling Online

Nisia, 2021


Spain, Segovia (D.O. Rueda)


90pts. James Suckling

Varietal Composition:


Fun Facts:

Nisia is produced from several ungrafted, head trained, and dry farmed vineyard sites surrounding Puras. These vineyard sites were planted between 80 and 60 years ago.

Technical Data:

Fermentation Mode: 

Grapes are had harvested, sorted and pressed. The must is cold settled, and 60% of the volume is racked into 500-600L Burgundian oak puncheons (third-use) and demi-muids for fermentation. Remaining 40% in stainless steel.

Malolactic Fermentation: 


Maturation Mode & Time:

Wine aged on the lees for six to eight (6-8) months.

bottom of page